I found this pell difficult to remix, for some reason. Maybe the measures threw me off (couldn’t figure out of it was 3/4 or 4/4). But then I added a few loops here and there — just to experiment — and it didn’t sound weird anymore. 🙂
This version 1 is a pop rendition (I’ve got a rock version, here).
To credit, please indicate & link to: ccmixter.org/files/ramblinglibrarian/25511
Converted the MP3 to AIF using Audacity. Imported to GarageBand and applied the “Speech Enhancer” setting to lower the hiss in the pell.
Played around with some GB loops. Found a decent sounding drum loop. Then added more loops to fill up the track. Cut the original pell a little to form some semblance of a pop arrangement. Experimented with splitting the pell to pan etc. Added a bass track to top it off.
Decided to stop once I thought it sounded OK.
At first it was hard to identify a chord progression/ melody for this. Was also thrown off by the measure, which seemed like 3/4 and 4/4 at times. But then it was likely my ears.
Once I found the loops (beat and percussion) to go with it, ideas started forming and things fell into place.