[From 3rd warm-up exercise]
This was the “real deal”.
Stage 2.1: After the first coat, I decided to fill in the darker tones, as a base.
Frankly, after the first layer of paint, I was winging it from then on. Didn’t really know what to do. At this stage, the painting didn’t look good. But the trick was to continue adding layers, blending.
Finished work: Final touches are the highlights for some of the objects.
The perfectionist in me isn’t happy with the colour tones and blending. But I can’t complain and have to be realistic. It’s been 10 years since I last attempted painting with acrylics.
Overall I’m happy with how this painting turned out, considering it took only about 4.5 hours to complete.
I gave this painting to my colleague, who manages Choa Chu Kang Public Library. She says she’ll hang it up in her office 🙂