Saturday morning. My wife and I were waiting for the contractor to install some roller blinds in the living room. We'd moved the furniture away from the installation area, which included some indoor plants. One particular pot caught my eye and I decided to do a sketch-colouring practice. I can't say my finished work was good, but neither was it bad. I got what I wanted, which was a quick practice on inking and minimal colouring).
#2 – After completing the inking, I started on the watercolour paints. The intent was to keep the painting simple, since I didn't do a detailed "Nature Study". It had been some time since I last used the watercolour paints — a relatively inexpensive Daler-Rowney 'Georgian' water colour palette set. Surprisingly, the paints were still as good as new (last time I used them was maybe two years ago!)
#3 – The main colours used were Hooker's Green (352), Lemon Yellow (651) and Yellow Ochre (663). For the darker areas, I re-used the dried-up Raw Umber (247) and Cobalt Blue (110) which were already on the palette (easily reused by applying water and letting the paints soak it up).